Columbia GSAS now permits applicants to be reviewed by a second program if they do not receive an offer of admission from their first choice program, with the following restrictions:
- All second choices are free-standing Masters of Arts programs.
- Not all programs permit a second choice.
- Columbia GSAS cannot guarantee that an application will receive a second review. Review is contingent upon deadline and space availability in the second program.
- Selection of a second review does not affect the review of your application by the program of your first choice.
- You must select the additional review option at the time of submission of your application; you CANNOT request this option after the application has been submitted.
- Applicants must upload a separate Statement of Academic Purpose and submit any extra supporting materials required for the second program. Transcripts, letters and test scores should only be submitted once. However, if your second program requires a writing sample you are required to upload a second writing sample.
- Applicants applying for the Spring Term are not eligible.
- Applicants will be able to view and opt for a second choice (if applicable) after selecting their first choice. Do not submit a second application.